You are disturbing and evil by stating that death was too good for Kirsten, an innocent victim of a brutal murder. Ive been able to live with it for a while but I cant ignore it Im even worse than words can describe and I hate myself ., In a P.S., she wrote, Please dont say how could you or why because I dont understand this and I dont know why. Does it make you feel good to knowingly lie about a dead murdered girl? If you werent Popular she looked down on you just as bad as Kirsten did. From the author who also runs this site: The yearbooks ARE in my private collection, as is the huge picture of us in Washington DC. Calling her a B and saying she dressed nice in an interview. Stacey (Tori Lockwood) played Kirsten Costas, while Angie (Kellie Martin) played Bernadette Protti. Like I said, Ms.Stuff, D and Beauty and the Beast, today could be the Life of the Party if they wanted to be. She was friendly and outgoing. Oakland Tribune Wednesday, September 5, 1984, Oakland Tribune Saturday, October 6, 1984. Over, if Kirsten bullied B why didnt B use it to Strenghten her Case. A lot of girls are Conceited, dont mean they deserved to be Murdered. Lifetime should be ashamed. So whoever said Kirsten was mean, and was a B I cant picture that, I didnt know her very well either, we all have a mean side, I never seen it in her. The prosecution failed to prove that Bernadette had premeditated Kirsten's homicide. Well it is best to not bother the girl anymore sick or not, cause she moved on and so did the Costas family, so why keep the fuel burning, its just best to let folks live their lives. She had her whole life ahead of her, even if she was a smart aleck she would of grown out of it long before now. Lifetimes Death of a Cheerleader has all the ingredients to make it a perfect addition to the networks roster. Why are you victim shaming ? I dont buy into the lesbian theory. The degree - whether it's first or second - is irrelevant. Caskets will, in most cases, be covered in white, however they can be open. Stuck up she was, no Bully. She reminds me of Stacey Dash a little. Esp one 86 girl who thought she was just on top of the world. If it hadnt have been for Bernadettes confession, this case probably would remain unsolved. She wasnt a fan of ( stupidity) by any means at all. She didnt Bully Bernadette, Just was irritated cause she lied to her, and her mom about the Party, and all. Shes pretty much out of the picture, her YouTube gets messages from (Kirsten from Heaven) thats sick whoevers doing that. I think Kirsten probably threatened to tell everybody their bizarre conversation in the car that night. We dont care how mean she was,:sure you werent so much a Saint yourself at Miramonte. I heard on here Joanna was bullied bad, so were quite a few others. Lifetimes Death of a Cheerleader brings the horrific murder of Kirsten Costas, back into the limelight. No one really cares why. Mats Kirsten probaly didnt like you, dont mean she was that way to everybody. If we have the fear of God n understand the importance of Gods creation. I only talked to Aside from her family conditions, Bernadette Protti had other underlying problems. So no she is a Psychopath. you werent there so shut up I agree with Karen Karen get your pretty face back on here Is this the same Karen I grew up with?. If she does go back there its only to see her family who is still there, and she wont leave The Whole time shes there or contact a soul. You the one who told about the girls ran out of Miramonte as well. If Bernadette hadnt of lied under false pretense she wouldnt of been so mad at her. I hear her husband knew all along about her. Thats a much more obvious motive. She couldnt careless about Orinda to start with let alone go back there. LOL. still no right to murder anyone. When the taped confession was played, the only noise in the hushed courtroom was Bernadettes sweet, girlish voice. Alex gave chase but to no avail. Its all coming back to haunt her for what she did. A lot of murder cases they get s light sentence or aquitted, but they also get harassed by the public and media so they dont get off all the way, the media torments them. Bernadette Protti is believed to have changed her name, gotten married (causing her last name to change again), and became a nurse and medical journal author in suburban Dallas (Grapevine TX). I have to laugh with this being 2021 and the person with the most judgment has the name of Karen. Not true, I have heard from people at Miramonte in the class of 1986 saying that they dont want to be found right now due to their experience at Miramonte was not good at all. Everyone has an Opinion guess we will never know unless we truly knew them, and not Berns friends or Sisters who Comment bad stuff about Kirsten, of course they wont tell the true facts. And so I find myself wondering what we have accomplished here. You Mats that knows Kirsten, why was she so Mean? 30 years ago, 15-year-old Costas was lured by a fake invitation for the Bob-O-Links service group dinner. Her biggest desire was to be liked and succeed, just like Kirsten. You knew both girls? But as she drove, she became frightened about how Kirsten might describe the evening to the other girls at school. READ MORE: The real death of a cheerleader story (1985). No such articles exist about anything you have described. As for the girls acting like Hoes if they have PTSD from it maybe they should of thought of the consequences, before they did it. Bernadette committed the crime at the age of 15. She slaughtered a girl. Your point is irrelevant and has absolutely nothing to do with the case. Then you wouldnt be worrying g about these people being the Life of the Party. To bad Kirsten didnt get a chance to grow up and grow out of it. Was Bernadette fragile when her behaviour was reported to not have changed after Kirstens murder? There is no need to BULLY someone who is poor which is what Kristen did!!! To this day I remember those girls well. She can serve no less than one year and no more than nine until she reaches the age of twenty-five. I cant live if it is known. She was jealous of Kirsten and wanted to be everything Kirsten was, but could nt so she killed her. That was 36 years ago, and the Memory still lingers on. On December 11, nearly every girl attending Miramonte, even those with the flu, showed up. Bernadette deserved the same sentence as would any get it doesnt matter even if she was a juvenile at the time she.should have been trialed as an adult. Director Jeff Hare Writer Lauren Balson Carter Stars Ella Cannon Austin Freeman Summer Madison Honestly teens do deserve another chance at something eventually. Being disgusted with a murderer and defending a murder victim? She cared about people and if she thought she hurt someones feelings she would try and talk to them, we all make mistakes. Me! AKA Berns BFF named used in movie. The kids went to Miramonte High School. Bernadettes parents also left Orinda, but its unknown if they left the state of California. / CBS San Francisco. Kirsten was full of energy and life. I think Bernadette was a lesbian thats why she felt she couldnt have Kirsten tell everyone that she fancied her. Every School has kids people dont like! I remember one time coming back from skiing, my friend and I were saying how we should stab the killer 18 times for what she did. Who could have stabbed popular, beautiful cheerleader Stacy to death? By what name was Death of A Cheerleader (1994) officially released in India in English? It stayed with me for many years, not as bad as it did, but it did for a long time. She and her friends were mostly ( stuck up) and self absorbed, She wasnt typically a bully just more snooty, at least thats how she appeared to me. What bad behaviour? Due to Bernadettes name change, she has seemingly disappeared from the public eye. Maybe she did something to make it bad. She looked like a nice person that had a good life ahead of her. We all had enemies and faults and all teen girls are Caddy and mean at some point, no reason to die, they outgrow it in adulthood, most do anyways, some never do. Repeats itself, repeats itself, repeats itself, ugh. Bernadette then appears to have confessed her feelings of admiration for Kirsten in the empty car-park at night. You are lying. (Yes at times) Kirsten teased Bernadette, but they were still mutually acquainted Bernadette never could figure out why she thought she was a Bullied failure. All other photos are from the Miramonte High School yearbook, 1985. Kirsten was just Stuck up, but not a mean girl. Despite our curiosity about her identity, it is only logical to be respectful of her privacy. So thats not bullying, thats rejecting you, cause she knew Bern was off beat. There are more murders in american continent than in Europe and its not in the time of war. I think Miramonte was like any School, you have your cliques and picks. She didnt bully, but she told people how she felt. I couldnt tell you if she was a snob or not. Rubbish. Plenty of facts support that view. Mira note ran a lot of girls out from what I read. Maybe it wasnt a big national story at the time, and was more of a California Bay area story (Im from Illinois). In another one of your comments your wrote Well said Sarah. She killed her cause she was afraid Kirsten would target her as a Weirdo now shes labeled as a MURDERER I dont think they meant any harm at all, and as for the prank calls, they were probaly only fooling around, Nancy would take it all wrong, and say things back thinking it was a personal attack my standpoint. The crime happened way back in June 1984, in the town of Orinda, California. First, an assumedly innocent girl murdering her schoolmate got people by surprise. Even though she sadly didnt live to see it. But I heard both sides on Kirsten, some say she was a hugging person who liked everyone, like in the Interview of a friend of hers mom said she was a loveable Puppy. It put a huge impact on our lives, first dealing with the loss of Kirsten, then finding out a girl we all trusted was the one responsible, that is something g that scattered our lives. Find out more here. I still cant help from thinking that, but largely I think B killed K because K was blocking B from her rise in popularity. I read alot om her to. Maybe its the black and white look but Kirsten looked as plain as Bernadette. This poor girl never got to grow up and experience life all because some horrible, disturbed girl murdered her. She is In her 50 s now, thats if shes alive. Educate yourself about this case, you simple minded degenerate. Maybe things wouldve been different for her and she would still be here today. There is absolutely no justifying what she did and if you feel justifiedthen at the core, you are the problem, not the pretty, popular girl. She should of just beat her up, that would of stopped her. I disagree with you. Shame on you. Dont let that Sweet Melancholy fool anyone, she was not that unless you were in the group. They start being cruel. She was just as mean and snooty as the rest and stuck up to. Police and friends are still perplexed about a brutal killing that so far has no suspect or motive only a pretty and popular 15-year-old victim. I dont understand what is wrong with people. The father was so ignorant and submerged in his cars he didnt even notice his daughters pain and problems. Cant imagine what feelings the Costas family had either. She didnt hate anyone. Kirsten had an Engaging type Personality, that Movie was off, and (Pro Bernadette). Kirsten in no way deserved to die. Once the police investigation began, she started contemplating suicide. She was more Bubbly and down to Earth. So if she didnt like you, probably you did something to irritate her and she let you know it. Her house too, apparently had paint peeling off, and was not the type of place she imagined herself to be living in. Plenty of Italians are natural blondes. What teen isnt? We bought a do up property. Upper middle class at least. This is what can happen when you are a bully. I know. So people got the wrong view of her saying she was a Bully. I had an English class with Kirsten and her friends, we were all put in pairs in order to read off as part of a project, Kirsten and them just acted as though I was invisible and everyone in our group (but me) got to read a part. The reporter had misunderstood. No, it is about love, people. I was in the artsy and nerd group to. People who grew up in Orinda and say its snobs were mostly people who werent socially accepted growing up, and they made choices that others didnt make and cussed and talked dirty and skipped school and always in trouble, and hung out with outcasts, and they became outcasts by association. I need so much help and love. You are full of it. She mostly liked everybody. 99.7 percent of teen girls are Smart alecks. ???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? I thought Miramonte was a nice place, if you make good decisions myoumwill make it (popular or not). Kirsten was Snooty as well, so were the Stacys and the other Kirstens that ran with them. We all are mental ill and could snap in a minute, so be good for yourself and others. Lemme tell all of you a little something because I lived and breathed the entire lifestyle of growing up in orinda and knew both Bernadette and kirsten. So tragic that Kirsten was brutally murdered. Same for Karen Severson and Laura Doyle theyre cold blooded killers to, Missy was Kirstens age, this happened not long after Kirsten was Murdered. A couple of them did, Bern just looked the other way. Bernadette her family says she is suffering from Depression maybe karma collecting. We should educate our children, our minds and our souls. By education I mean an all-round drawing out of the best in the child and man; body, mind and spirit. ~ Mahatma Gandhi. You took the life away from this poor girl and her family. Poor bernadette seemed very vulnerable and in need of help. There is no evidence of Kirsten being mercilessly cruel to anyone. You said your Sister was a friend of both girls? I didnt get into the club I wanted to. It focuses on an American town, which is rocked by a violent crime. Kirsten had a good heart though. I love Kirsten think about her all the time. Kids are incredibly nasty and cruel in high school because their parents raise them that way in their own attempt to play the snobs of society. So RuPaul,Kelly and Sarah, you all need to get facts before you say Kirsten got what she deserved. PS: If you liked this article, please share it! Joy, why dont you stick to writing under one name instead of creating different aliases? I didnt know Kirsten but a friend of mine knew her well, she was a (Bubbly) girl and yes she was (self absorbed) what teen girl isnt. After the attacks start again, Ellie must find the killer before they get to her. I mean she stabbed another girl to death because she was afraid to get made fun of at school or be outed or whatever. She acted like Kirsten except Kirsten was (more funny). I highly doubt I would like you either. Some 86 graduate girls felt ridiculed and belittled by them as well as I did and others. Only talked to her once or twice ever. I wasnt in the Popular, but those girls still talked to me and was friendly with me. There have been a couple people in my youth that I thought were extremely mean to me. Some girls said she was mean to people, we all have opinions, but Im sure she was smart alecky at times, what teen girl isnt, even Bernadette was I bet as well. I would love to hear Bernadette being interviewed now about that tragic night in suburban Oakland. What is horrible is how pathetic Bernadette was to begin with. Whats been done has been done. Doesnt make her a killer, thats being a teenager but dont make it sound like she just said shut up thats unrealistic. So could LP, I hear she dont get around much to to many places anymore, shes not in California. And if Kirsten was so bad and such a bully why did Bernadette want to be friends with her so badly? But how did it come to this? Your email address will not be published. So before you start judging Kirsten, first get facts. She also took enough courses through a local community college to graduate with an associate in arts degree. She called Kirsten names. Karma is catching up with her, thats why she has all these haters and has to watch her back anywhere she goes. In northern italy they have blonde hair fair and blue eyes . Dont trust someone like that. The characters were loosely based on Kirsten and Bernadette. I know beauty is all a matter of perception, not that it matters but in no universe would Bernadette be considered better looking. She was friendly, but kind of Arrogant as well. Rest In Peace Kirsten. I have always treated others the way I want to be treated. Kirsten was the life of the party. No, it is about love, people. She was convicted in 1985. I didnt hate either one, maybe they were Misunderstood, as for being Stuckup. Still no one deserves to die. However, she got a job in the student office alongside Kirsten, which resulted in the popular girl asking Bernadette to do her different favours. Girls, women at any age can be so horrible. The murder of her daughter, Berit says, was premeditated from the moment of the phone call. Karen I believe on that fateful night In The car Bernadette was pushing a friendship was was adamant and persistent about it. Melissa Womer: children, Jim Carrey, net worth, latest updates. Kristen was a bitch (sorry, fact), who would roll her eyes at randoms and point and laugh at people. Hollywood tends to make villains heroes, and innocent people into villains. I got the impression they were both Stuckup ( Bernadette and Kirsten) they were friends to. There is no way Bernadette is better than Kirsten. The script for the movie was written by Randall Sullivan who wrote the one-sided scathingly critical Death of a Cheerleader article for Rolling Stone, which the movie was based on. As for me, Im the same age as the girls involved in the case. But to portray her as a Mean girl teen is off limits to the real Kirsten. She is still Crazy as always. Upon her release, she reportedly changed her name. If you want to know what is wrong with her get on her YouTube channel where she makes pies. Im sure you knew them all. So glad you think shes nice. I feel very sad for both sides. All teen gals are (snotty) for the most part, but grow out of it. Your comments continue to reiterate the plot for the movie Death of a Cheerleader. She may of been Stuck up most Cheerleaders are, but she was no where near a Bully or made fun of people. Ive heard she was Bubbly and funny. So think before you get that angry cause there is no turning back from it. As for the Shoes one time comment. Please explain how Bernadette was pushed to the brink? Elaine called the school, and she and her husband brought their daughter to the sheriffs office in nearby Martinez. Missy was Described as a Bully and Very Mean also. Sometimes she could come off the wrong way, but if someone rubbed her the wrong way, she would let them know. At the start of the proceeding, Bernadette sat facing forward, her mouth slack, her eyes unfocused. It wasnt about jealousy, the blond girl has a mental disorder. Shame on you. Protti, 16, was convicted of second-degree murder Wednesday for stabbing to death last June her popular classmate, Kirsten Costas, 15, a varsity swimmer and cheerleader. She supposedly suffers from depression. She probaly wanted Bernadette to leave her alone thats all. No Tori Spellings character in a fictionalized movie was a bit mean. She had moments, and she told her feelings about people. Not saying its you, but a lot of Similarities. I want popular, but had friends who were, I didnt sulk about it, I did sports, not clubs or cheerleading. Kirsten never got to Cheer, go to Prom, Graduate or go on to College. Youre the same one I bet. Maybe you need to hear one of those shooters moms speak on YouTube on the Ted talks. There are speculations that Bernadette has changed her name to Jeannette Tomanka. Most people would be angered and perturbed by that kind of behavior. I must further observe that we have a kind of "Alice in Wonderland" situation here. Youve got to be kidding right?! She just acted Odd a lot. Bernadette protti longed to be popular and she decided to kill an innocent person just because she couldnt have things get way.thats sad. It could have been antisocial Goth girl Monica, it could've been angst-ridden Jill--or maybe it was the plain girl nobod Who could have stabbed popular, beautiful cheerleader Stacy to death? The people implying that Kristen had it coming, or whoever else blamed her parents, are, in life, the jealous Bernadette types. It was all over popularity, and fitting in. Bernadette pushed her by her false Alibies. Bernadette then said she wanted to go home and think, and Hilley agreed. Kirstens friendship meant so much to her, she would go on and on about it. Im betting youre some white chick who wouldnt know. She was a member of a highly selective sorority club called the Bobbies. Ruelas' death stunned Miramonte students, teachers and parents. Nancy and Joanna? Or someone who stares at you constantly, you got a problem doing that. How is sweet referred to Murder? So Mats Bernadette was Sweet. If Kirsten was mercilessly cruel to Bernadette, it would have been brought up at Bernadettes trial which would have strengthened her case, but it wasnt brought up because it didnt happen. Wouldnt she have something smaller, like a paring knife? We have got you covered in that regard. There have been several changes in Orinda since Bernadette's arrest. So she is a Horrible girl. However, Protti followed their car stabbing Costas five times just as she was about to reach her doorstep. I hear one girl partied a lot that hung with them. When Kirsten approached the Pinto she looked inside and said blandly, Oh, its you.. Bernadette watched as they left and followed them, parking outside Kirsten's home. The movie eve swapped their hair colours you cant take it too seriously although it did iclude certain claims of Beradettes like that Kirsten commented on Bernadette having cheap ski boots although all she said was that Bernadette made some comment not even what the comment was and that Kirstens voice was unexcited when she saw it was Bernadette. That wasnt right, but when you run loose people think youre asking for it. Most people would find that bizarre and off-putting and would certainly not deserve to be killed over it. I know there were Bogus postings from Kirstens classmates. Were not sympathizing with you, (grow up and get over it) Theyre not going to beg you to come, and if you dont want to be found cause your life was miserable, were not really interested in finding you and apologizing. I agree bullying is so terrible but there wasnt much evidence that Kirsten was a bully apart from Bernadette saying Kirsten once mentioned that her ski boots looked cheap, I think Kirsten was a lesbian with a crush on Kirsten but was taking that secret to her grave. After her sentencing, Bernadette was sent to California Youth Authority in Ventura, where she completed high school and received her GED. But unfortunately for her all she was taught was whats the best material Possessions, popularity and the look at me attitude. Killed a girl because you were jealous? Bernadette was paroled after seven years, for good behavior, at the age of 23. Ive been suicidal just from being bullied. Yes the guys should of paid for it, but the Judicial System is funny that way, unfortunately the girls paid for it. March 11-12, Miramonte students of each class came together to decide their class presidents, vice presidents, and treasurers for the 2020-2021 school year. So she didnt like Joanna or Nancy, she isnt Obligated to, or owe them anything. As for Bernadette, dont you think she paid for it, she cant show her face in fear of someone bringing up her past, it will always be there forever, so she got caught, and got hers I case you think she didnt. I guess we all cant like everyone. I think Kirsten was friends with Bernadette or she would of never gotten in her car, Kirsten was funny who she associated with. They obviously made some bad decisions and theres repurcussions for your poor decisions, thats not Kirstens fault, you mad that decisions, not Kirsten. I bet she finally became an outcast fro supporting Bernadette. And those others, D and them, they have lives of their own and probaly (jobs and families) so why would they care about being the Life of the Party? Bryan Callen: divorce story, wife, net worth, latest updates. But it wasnt a big fallout, just words between them.. Karen, where are you? I hear she isnt a nurse any longer and just stays home mostly. The movie, like most movies, is no an accurate account. Im sure Kirsten had her moments and faults and good qualities as well. I wouldnt doubt it cause thats how much she is hated in Orinda. Bernadettes BFF. Lisa I totally agree. Not saying Kirsten and Missy were Saints, but we all Bully and been Bullied. If you were snubbed at Miramonte, maybe you caused your own reactions. Kirsten didnt really Bully Bernadette, some of the other girls there did Bully her a little. Bernadette then drove Kirsten to an empty car park at night and appears to have confessed feelings of admiration for Kirsten. Nancy was Sweet, she just took things the wrong way. What preppy teenaged girl doesnt think shes better than the next? They are Cat Mean. You need to stop defending yourself and own up to the damage you did. If Bernadette was so Sweet would of never murdered. God would want you to forgive, Kirsten would as well. She fit in and was as popular as Kirstens 2 close friends (Diane and Stacy), Bernadette wanted more. They grow out of it as they get older. They were good about making you feel like you didnt belong. Theyre not up with Morbid fascinations due to all the stuff that is going on Worldwide today. There was no jury in the trial. I didnt know Kirsten very well. She was also friends with people who were considered popular. No justification for Murder. I have never seen Kirsten insult anyone, (I knew her), she was friendly towards everybody, Berns BFF May say it differently, cause Bernadette just took things way to Serious, and like I said she took things way to Personal to where it became Personal. Powered by WordPress.com VIP. It was only a matter of time before she d get caught so she came forth. School is what you make of it, bullying goes on all the time no reason to Murder over that, Kirsten would of grown out of it by now even if she was a bully. Notable Alumni. That didnt happen that way. Kristen had it well deserved in response to someone else, which suggests that you think her cruel murder was justified. I forgive her to a degree, but wont accept what she did to Kirsten, she will live with that the rest of her life. I cant picture Kirsten being Mean or Rude, so hard to picture that one. I cant tell you if every single one of them get together, I know lots do. Kirsten wasnt a Bully, she was Conceited and stuck up. Some still get together. It wasnt so much how you dressed, or how much money your family had, it was on how you acted.. Our Gymn Teacher was impressed on how a lot of us girls got along, only time we bickered is when we played Soccer We were a family.. John even if Kirsten was as mean as Tori Spelling (which BTW she wasnt) that is still no right to Murder her. Shame on you calling a dead girl names.
Brent Burke Dobro, St Anthony's Battle With Concupiscence, Burnley Crematorium Services Today, Most Accurate 17 Remington Load, Articles M