I agree with you that Radar is the heart and soul of the show. I first watched MASH when I lived in Iran for 3 years, teaching English as a foreign language in an Iranian army base in the south of Tehran. M*A*S*H made a huge impact on American culture back in the 70s and 80s. Im also a huge fan of David Ogden Stiers. The series followed a group of soldiers during the Korean War. A 1995 guest appearance on Burkes Law was his last acting role until 2010 when he co-starred in the film Daniels Lot. Thank you for letting me leave my comments. Blood Brothers is, in my opinion, the greatest MASH episode ever. Hawkeye is my favorite character. go as it feels like home now. The entire cast reunited in 1991 for Memories of M*A*S*H on CBS. Watch the official "A Jealous Rage" clip from the CBS cop drama series NCIS Season 20 Episode 15, created by Donald Bellisario and Don . I am watching M*A*S*H right now. His final acting role was a guest appearance in an episode of a CBS sitcom called Love & Money that aired during the 1999-2000 season. Reading comments here others think so too, it has then the hallmarks of a true classic. I got a lot of respect for my dad & all the vets of the forgotten war. Great writing, great acting, good casting, sensitive directing, and just the right amount of comedy to balance the harsher plot lines, and remember, NO laugh track in the O.R. Yes, that was because the way he looked. His character conceived as a different type of commanding officer compared to his predecessor. Watch it every single weekday night after work on ME/TV. I started watching and recording MASH 4077 about a month ago after watching THe Golden Girls to dearh, able to recite every mext line. MASH had that impact on me as a young man growing up in S. CA! M*A*S*H simply the best. Got the box set but still watch it at 7pm to 8pm every night. They have my utmost gratitude. Facts Verse and the movie MASH great shows. His cause of death was kidney failure, following a urinary. From 1978 to 1979 he played Major General Kevin Kelley on NBCs Grandpa Goes to Washington. klinger is a cross dresser to try and get a sec 8 and the nurses never get any rest but very funny show i like father malcahey what ever happened to him i think gary burgoff was on Hollywood squares. i HOPE IT STAYS ON FOR A LONG TIME. Frank an Kilinger keep me laughing. Kellerman died of heart. Back in England we dont have the caned laughter you have in the States and its better with out it. Regards Ive been waiting for some time to comment about MASH..I am 81 yrs. I loved knowing that I can still watch it every day on YouTube, Hi I love the television show mash 4077 I wish we could see all the series including the after mash I still watch the show today even though I have watched the before. Some of Farrells recent TV roles include guest appearances on Smith (CBS, 2007), Desperate Housewives (ABC, 2007-2008), Ghost Whisperer (CBS, 2009), and Supernatural (The CW, 2012). His final regular TV role was Dirty Dancing on CBS from 1988 to 1989. You are masters of the art. I was 10 when this show started and still love watching it everyday now as a adult. When we do watch broadcast TV 90% of the time we have it on ME TV with the other 10% going to Masterpiece & other PBS shows. I watch it 5 nights a week on different tv stations (directv). It is so much better than the horrible reality shows of today. Humourous, happy-sad & every emotion beyond. Thank you, METV for rolling back the years for me, once again! Treated myself last Christmas to the complete box set and enjoying watching time and again. The only show I can watch over and over and never become tired of it. Truly the finest TV show ever made. It is as funny, as moving and as thought provoking now as it was when it began.perhaps even more so. HEEHEEE I HAVE TOOOOO MANY FAVORITES..HEEHEEI LOVE YOU. M*A*S*H will always be my go to program. MISS YOU MASH. I think it helped to maintain my sanity in that crazy place. I was an 18 year old girl at Ft. Benning , Ga. when Mash started. Youre the best! I loved all the characters I beleave these people were ment for the parts they played and no one will ever take there place in my heart So to the cast Thank you for all laughs M A S H was my touch stone threw out the years thank you . I love the comedy from MASH there were some serious scenes to the show. Now my husband is Addicted to MASH! After leaving my first year of college and working for 3 years I decided to return to college . This featured my all time favorite bit characters in any TV show- Col. I find myself watching episodes whenever they are on! He also had an impressive career on Broadway where he co-produced productions like Neil Simons Brighton Beach Memoirs and Biloxi Blues. Thank goodness I can watch old shows on the Internet. How the actors portrayed actual soldiers, under the pressures of war daily was awesome! Thank you to all involved!!! There will never be another program like MASH its humour is timeless. Dont ever let it not go on air. Other recent TV appearances include recurring roles on 30 Rock (NBC, 2009-2010), The Big C (Showtime, 2011-2013), and The Blacklist (NBC, 2013-2014). I love that show to death and I certainly hope the acrors got and get royalties from the show! I enjoy the show.My father-in-law used to watch it. Watching MASH is sort of like hanging out with old buddies. McLean Stevenson should have stayed onhe was good! Many actors who played patients went on to distinguished careers, like Patrick Swayze, and Ronnie Howard, who went on to direct after having started his career on the Andy Griffith Show. Anything Alan Alda, is in I rejoice in watching. A vocal supporter of animal rights, Swit is a member of Actors and Others for Animals and supports numeroous animal rights organizations. Although they are not part of regular cast, the five nurses running for the helio pad. Very talented people and such a great show. I watched the show when I was a kid. Its always a great pick me up after a rough day in the ROK or the USA ;-). I use to enjoy seeing the television series entitled, M-A-S-H. Those were some good times during my childhood. Because of all the characters who still love us, I will chase the series. Thanks for those wonderful years cast and crew! I am well into my forties now. Im crazy about MASH. Best Regards Richard Smith, You bet, I dont watch much TV but I do try to catch the local news and the world news from 5pm to 6 pm. I read the book, then saw the movie. we enjoyed it . by Thank you to every one who created and the cast of making a show last forever! Take care . A lot can happen in that amount of time. And dont go anywhere yet. I also have the entire series on a media drive and watch an episode once or twice a day. The writers were so clever and the actors too, of course. They all became family. From 1996 to 1999, he voiced Jonathan Kent on the animated FOX TV series Superman: The Animated Series (his wife, Shelley Fabares, voiced Martha Kent). The six living cast members will likely share stories of the co-stars who have died since the show signed off in 1983: Harry Morgan (Col. Potter) in 2011; William Christopher (Fr. I missed the original start to the series. I think he was sour grapes honestly..so much of what he made before MASH was crap. Enjoy knowing what the cast is now doing. I echo other comments. In 1975 I was at my great aunts apartment and i remember like it was just yesterday i was 7 yrs old and Mike Ferrall who played BJ. After getting homee I accidently caught MASH on TV and changed my opinion drastically. But I will continue to watch as long as they are running. Now every Monday it runs for roughly 6hrs and since Im disabled I can watch every episode again. On the big screen, Morgan had a small role in the 1987 feature film Dragnet starring Dan Aykroyd and Tom Hanks. I enjoy watching the reruns and getting a perspective on the Korean War. God bless them all, especially those who are no longer with us. Finally watched the final episode. well done. Each episode is unique and the development of the characters is never boring. I loved MASH very much, then & now in reruns, but it came as a big surprise to learn that several members ( casts ) have past.away. His interview can be found here. Satire, double entendre, innuendo, all were delivered with healthy doses of humor and drama. I was only a young person then. i admire each and every cast member for what theyve given us. I enjoyed the comedy of MASH, but not the political accusations of the show. Simply the greatest television show that brings back memories of great actors who made the show what it is today.We will always cherish watching this show or was it not a show but the real thing.I like the latter. It has touched my life in so many ways. At one point we knew the episode Mail Call so well we pretty well quoted the whole thing once when the power went out. I named my Jeep Hot Lips. It reminds me of home. Their back stories are created in the form of home movies (16 MM remember? Lying on the living room floor and doing home work. M*A*S*H was an incredible series, but I do have to say I lost interest when some of the characters got involved in the writing. Much much better than the stuff on TV today. "For the first time in my life I took chances, I didn't suck in my cheeks, or worry about anything.". A fan since the first episode, a fan for life. A credit to all characters , production staff and extra who made a truly remarkable TV show. Better now than when I first watched it as a kid decades ago, reflecting just how our appreciation must grow with the passage of time as we read new nuances in it. The series was a spinoff of the . Ive liked MASH since he first came out of the television series. My daughter is 17 and son is 11. Loved al the cast. I wish I could tell Mr Stiera of my revelation and thank him, but thats not a realisitic scenario. Found out Trapper died today. There is nothing that comes close to this show in every way possible. Yelchin died tragically in a freak automobile accident on June 19, 2016. My frequent snits and outbursts on the set were inevitably (and instantly) followed by guilt feelings over what Id just said or done, Burghoff wrote in his 2009 book To MASH and Back, about his time on set during his grave depression. January 27, 2023, 7:28 pm, by I am now in my middle thirties and I have been able to pick up the series on one of the freeview channels and I am absoloutely hooked!!!. READ MORE: TV Stars Who Ruled the . Though things were not good with Vietnam, race riots, college protests, we watched MASH & laughed as if there was no tomorrow. Not a day does by that we dont have mash on the tv. People think Im kinda nutty but I have yet to see another TV show that is as good as MASH, except for the Andy Griffith show, which I also love. Brilliant work,,,brilliant cast, etc. It makes me sad, happy, and everything in between! I dont watch much anymore because the quality and meaning arent there anymore. What a wonderful show. Every day we watch many of the shows, over and over. Facts Verse Sure didnt take me long to fall deeply in love with it!! The fact that Mash is still running on a couple of channels attests to its relevancy even today. Nothing has ever come close to the brilliance of this show. He also thought those 50 states all joined sometime before or during the revolutionary or civil war (he couldnt remember which was which!). Each time you watch an espisode you find a jewel you missed the last time. Bouquets to all involved for a great show. Sandrich, the director who helmed most of "Mary Tyler Moore's" 168 episodes, was 89 when he died in September. He worked in a MASH unit as a cook.He said that it was just like what you are on the show.GREAT WORK.I am planning on buying the series soon. In the introductory scene an animal runs off on the top left hand corner. MASH will never get old. I agree the movie was awesome Donald southerland and Elliot Gould ,Tom skerrit as well radar was the begin that I love. You blurted your atheism as if you have rights that Vera doesnt. When I was younger I thought how can they joke about while young men are wounded and dying in that place I can laugh and cry now when before I only knew tears. Frank Burns is in the shower, Hawkeye says Keep still Frank, then swats him with a towel. For some of us the comedy was remembered as we may have Players can submit questions for others. For me, M*A*S*H has always been about enjoying it with someone with whom we could memorize favorite quotes, and share them at unexpected times for fun. I love Radar with his kindness and simplicity, he could be a guest at my house anytime. Thanks MASH and the castyou were truly amazing. Its really hard to think of only one comment when it comes to the impact that this crew made on my life. I'm sad she's gone. I am not a viewer of soaps, but was visiting at a nursing home where someone had Days Of Our Lives on and I noticed what appeared to be a cameo of Larry Christopher as a priest. I just finished watching the last show.I cant believe how long it has been.it brought tears to my eyes again. "Beloved mother, grandmother, great-grandmother and dear friend to many, Mary, who worked in the . I watch mash on tv land every night and I love the show I dont know of this dog but I am for the first time watching the series in order which is a lot of fun. Jon PS (and phew! Love it. Hawkeye,s laugh never fails to cheer me up when I feel a bit down Yes that last scene when Radar left was a tough one, when he went out of the compound in the jeep with the driver. I watch it more now, than when it was a weekly network show. Only a year after leaving M*A*S*H, Wayne Rogers was starring in his own TV series called City of Angels about a detective in the 1930s. She is also an artist and proceeds from sales of her artwork benefit various animal-related groups and causes. Gary recorded a jazz album in the 1980s and continues to write music. Well reveal who they are in just a moment, so bear with us. I know it was about the Korean War, and I was in during Vietnam, but things werent that much different. The cast should be proud, there will never be a better show, even if they remade Mash it wouldnt be the same without the original cast. He was annoying and one-dimensional and the pair was not like Hawk and Trap had been. Watched it from the start. I will never forget this show. Harry Morgan: April 10th, 1915 December 7th, 2011. Over the next three decades, he worked regularly on television. Loved ever minuet of it. Dont forget Alan Aldas outstanding science work in Scientific American Frontiers PBS, his Institute for Science Communication which educates Doctors and Scientists https://www.aldacenter.org Wow! My daughter bought me the full MASH series for my birthday a few years ago and it is far and away better than any thing on tv for the last 20 years. Also in 1991, he helped executive producer Memories of M*A*S*H for CBS. Absolutely brilliant show.No other show can touch it. In the television series Spearchucker appears in six episodes during the early part of Season 1 of the . These people will always be my faves. He was previously married to Elisabeth Bostrom and Janet Gayle. He went on to star in TV movies like The Lady From Yesterday and One Terrific Guy where he proved that he could embody many different kinds of roles. Watching the re-runs on Tru Entertainment which I enjoy. I believe it was extremely hard to play a guy that was not liked by the other characters. At first, he auditioned for the role of Hawkey but he convinced to play Blake instead. Rest in peace to all weve lost. It puts me in a good spot with its sincerity and humor. As a Korean war vet, I really loved the show, except the constant complaining about the food. I just watched one of my favorite episodes on TV Land- The Abduction of Margaret Houlihan- from 1976. staying up till 10:00 watching mash with my father. Better be proud of what you do, it could be around forever. never remove the ability to watch MASH. I really feel as though I know these people! Sad to hear of some passings. She was wonderful in the part. Beyond a doubt, the best ever. Every day from Mon through Fri from 6 to 8pm Im sitting in front of my TV to watch MASH. Mash is a part of my day. I never get tired of watching the series, in fact ive been watching the entire series over the last few weeks. 1:49. Best show ever on TV! I have seen Mash ever since it has been on Me TV. Linville made guest appearances on shows like CHiPsThe Love Boat, Fantasy Island, Airwolf, Night Court, Nurses, Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman, and Murder, She Wrote. The early 70s were a tumultuous period in U.S. history, and much lIke All in the Family, M*A*S*H gave so many of us an emotional reprieve, not from racial and generational tensions like All did, but from the insanity of the endless war in Vietnam. Its still one of The best and it still makes me laugh. In regards to this point yes they would express wanting war to end but it would be a pervasive as its expressed in the show. One of the best written shows ever with a wonderful ensemble cast. Anytime I want to go back in time I watch one of these and its like in 6 or 7 again and I can hear his laugh. We love MASH with some gaps, its been our cocktail hour entertainment since 1979. 66 and still a MASHER. Loved this show. the comma after sorry. MASH is one of those shows that runs with the times. No, Alan has not passed. She would work into her 80s, with several acclaimed television performances in her final years. Ive must of seen all the episodes a billion times an not tired of mash, Loved Mash still watch it though I saw it so many time before. My wife has learned to love it to..Flagg was a favorite. My wife and I have watched MASH daily during the original series and of course now as re-runs daily and still very much enjoy the actors / characters they play plus the various comments both serious and funny. love yall ,Mary. After Henry Blake discharged duty. Morgan also made guest appearances on TV shows like The Love Boat, Murder She Wrote, The Twilight Zone, Grace Under Fire, and 3rd Rock from the Sun. That is why I watch it with my 10 year old daughter, and hopefully someday with my grandchildren. Watch it every evening! The writers reluctantly obliged his request and he effectively written out of the series. To this day, I stlll watch the reruns over and over again and still keep laughing. Same with BJ Uncut replacing Wayne Rodgers. Have done for as long as I can remember. But the groundbreaking series solid cast of actors and actresses really shouldnt be overlooked. I was a young PFC in the Marine Corps when mash started. There is no British comedy can make us laugh second time round ,but M.A.S.H., fantastic ,if its ever taken off we will need Sidneys help to cope. The series was a spin-off of The Mary Tyler Moore Show. This site and the re-runs really bring back memories that make me both happy and sad. Ive probably seen every MASH episode ten times over and I never get tired of it. Hawkeye and the gang were funny as hell. Might even buy the box set of all the series. Not that we live in the past, but it was very enjoyable, entertaining as well as interesting to watch TV shows that you feel comfortable watching with family members. England. What a classic. I missed out on the Mash series when I was in the country area of Australia . The greatest thing about well writtenTV programs like MASH and the unforgettable and talented Actors, and the believable characters they created, who came to visit you in your home each week never disappointing you. Required fields are marked *. Ive always wanted to meet Alan Alda or any of them I wonder if the actors ever thought that their work would live on and be so popular, even after some of the soles passed on? You find jewels previously missed but also catch things that were so far before their time. I think every day should end with laughter, it takes away all your cares in the world and had I known MASH was on TV I would have been watching that long ago! This show has meant more to me as the years have passed. We will sorely miss you and your talents. So when he gets home from work, Fox News, American Pickers, Pawn Shop on put on the TV, even if I was watching something. Awesome show, the comedy has proven to last through the ages. Her character evolved from being a promiscuous and shrill persona to being a strong empowered female role model. Somehow MASH never gets old and tired like many Tv shows! Hot Love Hawkeye, probably my favorite, Radar, then BJ, Col. Potter,,thats, Sherman T Potter! And sometimes bringing the dead back for the families to have someone to burry. I still watch MASH. is one of those shows where once its gone you know there will ever be another like it and that makes you happy and sad at the same time. MADE YOU LAUGH CRY AND FALL IN LOVE WITH ALL THE CHARACTERS. That type of acting seems largely a lost art these days. Id bought them the best TV available with a Remote! Click on my name to be taken to eBay and see the auctions happening now. She starred in the comedy series "Decker" with Tim Heidecker and played comedian Mark Maron's mother on his series "Maron. Do you remember episode that featured Alan, Anthony and Robert Alda? I live in Perth W.A. Facts Verse I watch reruns from 6:15 til 7:15 nightly (Whoever slotted that time slot on channel 1 in Australia is also obviously a comedian) but I find that by watching M*A*S*H and missing the daily half hour news slots, a pleasure. on my fourth repeat and enjoying it as much as the first time. Edward Winter [Col. Flagg] and Alan Arbus [Maj. Sydney Freedman] have also passed. McLean Stevenson in a Raft on Cher in 1975. If I thought Hawkeye and BJ were not real friends I would be upset. It wasnt until I was an adult that I fully realised how much of an impact the show had on my young life. I am almost 60 and still watch reruns. Much love to all fellow mash lovers and I hope to so someday run into one of living members of mash so I can shake their hand. Love this show. THE GREATEST OF LAUGHS AND THE GREATEST OF STORYLINES. Hi,Mash.4077.Could not be remade today.its just to good. One of the best linesNice going Ferret Face. The cast gel so well, can laugh and cry at the same time. They interacted so well. I continued rewatching episodes ever since. He made a cameo appearance in the January 16th, 1984 episode of AfterMASH on CBS followed by a full-blown guest appearance the following week. Get the best viral stories straight into your inbox! Schulz is to Hogans Heroes. Still watch it on, ME TV, and NETFLIX. Actor | M*A*S*H Gary Burghoff was born on May 24, 1943 in Bristol, Connecticut, USA. This is the video that M*A*S*H fans have been waiting for.How Each MASH Cast Member DiedDo you think you know a lot about TV? "My real mom was very flattered and a bit jealous. THEY MAY BE GONE BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN! In my opinion, the most entertaining comedy series ever produced. Bless them all for this gift of a show. Ive never tired of it either. Well done guys. Was unaware of the case members that had passed. Mash will always be a favorite show of mine and probably for most people. What a excellent show loved it still do . Love the show, I grew up watching it every night.still watch it once in a while.dont watch much t.v. In January 2007, Rogers hosted the Hallmark Channels M*A*S*H Bash 07 marathon. Facts Verse It was quite an emotional evening (Kleenex helped). Gary Burghoff (1943-) The only actor from the M*A*S*H movie to come to the show as a regular character, Burghoff played the animal-loving Radar. We love MASH 4077! When a corporate stockholder dies, the stock becomes an asset of their estate. I also love watching it when I am depressed, sad, or life has me down. From 6pm to 7 pm their are 2 MASH episodes on MeTV 6 nights a week. Such a wonderful show that gives anyone that watches a touch of reality that we did not live through. In the beginning MASH was pretty funny back in my stoner days but after watching reruns lately it was obviously biased leftwing propaganda crap. "MASH" celebrated the completion of this season's shooting with a cast party at 20th Century-Fox late last week. For me it has to be one of the funniest, if not the funniest programme ever. M*A*S*H was arguably one of the most influential television series of all time. MASH! He went on to help create and produce Lou Grant for CBS. Actually, its my fave ever. Try our quiz and enter to win $500!Click below to check the trivia questionhttps://bit.ly/3rEeMxk One of the best shows of all time!the characters were just wonderful,I loved it when the actors would also direct episodes. Dont let going to separate rooms for TV watching. Some of Aldas work on the stage include QED (2001-2002), Glengarry Glen Ross (2005), and Love Letters (2014). Its Valentines Day and my wife and I of 45 years are off on a three day getaway in the N. GA mountains. Its a very cold wet day the time here is 7:31am and Im still watching Mash. Never will be repeated , ground breaking , so glad I was there on the sofa. Costume smart: Make sure you gown smart along with aproppriate setting. The wit displayed is so sharp and their protrayl of the war brings such realism. Sally Kellerman, the willowy, sultry-voiced actress and singer whose portrayal of Maj. Margaret (Hot Lips) Houlihan in the 1970 dark comedy "MASH" earned her an Oscar nomination, died on. When the series originally played that was an important time in my life and watching them was a wonderful way to bring a smile to ones face. Watched MASH first time round and now again on TV and we laugh watching it as much now as we did all those years ago,great actors every one, you never imagined there were cameras in front of them,they certainly dont make them like that anymore, todays humour is either cruel,smutty or just plain juvenile. He stuck with the series for its first 7 years with his signature blend of humor and sarcasm. I am in the process of watching all the shows, over 200 of themthen I can watch them again having netflix. All the cast and crew were on hand except for McLean Stevenson, who celebrated his permanent departure from the company by not attending. A beloved show. He had a great Personality And That Would Make You Smile And Laugh as a great Actor And A Comedian . Let us know in the comments section. This show showed all aspects of human emotions, from comedy to drama to the death of a beloved character (Henry Blake). ( A real legend !). ABSOLUTE BEST SHOW EVER. He appeared in all but three episodes after he brought on board. MASH was so very well written and acted that Ive seen every episode many, many times over and it still entertains me. I Watch the reruns EVERY day they are on. M*A*S*H is and will be one of my all time favorite shows on TV. Still cry and laugh almost every episode. While everyone is entitled to their own opinion, good or bad, its nice to see / read all of the positive comments. I hope they never take it off of TV, and the channels that we get. His facial expressions were priceless. This show has been a part of my life for so many years. People should realize that wars will always happen, no matter how hard we try to prevent them, and no amount of comedy and humor will make them disappear. My husband and I watched M*A*S*H growing up and loved it, now our kids watch it and love it just as much. Rock stars are infamous for their insatiable appetites for all things in excess. Hes acted sporadically since then, appearing in a handful of movies and TV shows in the 1980s and 1990s. I grew up watching mash with my dad and Im a 80s baby. from a big fan of mash. I loathe when I do that very faux pas. There are no deleted scenes from M*A*S*H available on any DVDs. I still enjoy the comedy. He felt he had taken the character as far as he could.
Creation Myth Generator, Covid Vaccine Side Effects Nose Bleed, Cranbrook School Yearbooks, Articles M